Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Firing Room: Home of Joined-Up Writing

As a freelance copywriter, I am often asked how I know what to write about.

Whether it's a sales letter for an ebook, marketing copy for a business website or web content on almost any subject under the sun - I can't be an expert on all of it, can I?

The answer, of course, is that as a professional writer I don't need to be an expert on everything.

Careful research, a broad experience of life and a wide range of interests (and reading!) mean that I can turn my hand to many subjects and produce writing that is authentic, interesting and accurate.

If I don't feel like this about a particular project, I will simply decline it - I will not ever take on a project I do not believe I can deliver to a high standard.

If you'd like to know a little more about me, my services or my past work, visit my copywriting site, www.thefiringroom.com, or email me direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Roland Head

P.S. You may be wondering what my business name, The Firing Room, means. My first online project was for my wife - a dealer in antique and collectable British Pottery.

The Firing Room seemed to link pottery and writing and capture the essence of the creation of both; raw materials, carefully worked into something much more powerful than the individual ingredients, and made permanent by firing, or publishing.